Pushed for time? Create your own amazing race and enjoy as many of Gauteng’s top tourist attractions into one or two days. Add transfers by Harley Davidson to make your experience more adventurous and fun. You’ll need to rest between adventure days, so let us book you a room at one of Johannesburg’s top hotels where you can relax and be pampered in preparation for the adventure-filled next day.
Make your dream of flying come true with a tandem skydive, or zip across the skies on an extreme gyrocopter aerobatics flight. Navigate the rapids with adventure river rafting or go back in time with an unparalleled adrenaline surge in a vintage WWII aircraft. For a more romantic adventure, consider including a hot air balloon flight over the Cradle of Humankind in your 2-day adventure.
Other adventures in Gauteng that you may want to consider, include:
- A visit to Orlando Towers – Enjoy everything from a 100m bungee jump to a scad freefall, swing, abseil or rap-jump, climbing and paintball while you’re there.
- Sterkfontein Caves – Go back to our roots at Maropeng, where our ancestors have lived for more than 3-million years.
- Adventure Caving – While you’re in the area of the Cradle of Humankind World Heritage area, be sure to enjoy wild cave adventures, where you will have the opportunity to hike and abseil in the open air, or indulge in caving and abseiling into a dark cavern.
- Lion and Safari Park – Get up close and personal with Africa’s magnificent wildlife on this 600 hectare wilderness reserve where you will have the opportunity to enjoy safe, guided game drives. You may even get to touch some of Africa’s most iconic animals.
- Elephant Sanctuary – Learn more about the African Elephant with the twelve domesticated elephants as you interact with these gentle, mammoth creatures. Perhaps you will enjoy a bareback ride on an elephant!
- Harties Aerial Cableway – Enjoy spectacular 360° views of the beautiful area as you make your way to the top in a safe, modern cable car. With plenty to do for the whole family, it is clear to see why this is one of the must-see locations for families, nature lovers, hikers and paragliders alike.
- Airboat Adventure – Explore Hartbeespoort dam CSI Miami-style in a ride and slide, or pilot an authentic US swamp airboat for an unforgettable water adventure.
You will be hard-pressed to choose your Big 5 adventures, but who’s to say you should stop at five? Book another day or two and make the most of your trip.
Once you have selected your activities, book your adventure today!